Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Happy Birthday Acha!
I love my parents..I don't say it enough..But I do. They have been my pillars of support and a source of endless and unconditional love. They love me for me..The me who whines at home,who comes home late,who has moodswings,who has made countless mistakes. They might be angry with me one minute but never fail to ask if I want food from Tekka or murtabak from Zam Zam. They might nag at me for spending too much on stuff but they will still make sure I have money in my account or pass me 50 bucks whenever I head out. They supported me through my darkest hours when I was broken and didn ask questions..All they did was love me.
My dad has to be the coolest dad around. He has been the quiet giant that bonds our family together. He doesnt ask for anything in return for all he has done for this family. I went through this awkward phase in secondary school when I felt very awkward hugging or kissing my dad..Weird I know..And I regret every min of that phase. Coz I know how hurt my dad must have felt when I refused to hug or kiss him on his birthdays. For that I always silently ask for forgiveness and hope he understands that I was a stupid teenager with weird growing up habits. But now I always take the chance to hug my dad.Coz I've come to realise I only truly feel safe and loved in this one man's arms. For all the sweat and suffering,for all the times you 'pakat' with me and not told Amma I went clubbing,for understanding I am a woman and not a girl, for siding with me whenever Amma nags about marriage,for loving my mother the way a woman should be loved and for just being the wonderful person that you are..I love you Acha..
I really do...
Later...