Saturday, November 25, 2006

What people keep saying to me when they know I'm single: "Your prince is on his way"

What I say to shut them up:
"Right, I'm sure he was on his way but a truck hit him."

Silence...


Hahhahahahhaa..All you happy couples should just be that way.Happy in your own lil cocoon of togetherness. Do not start annoying me by trying to fix me up with the rejects of the world. I am NOT some sad despo, though my haters would beg to differ. And do not start saying stuff like "Everyone needs to find someone to settle down with" or "You will be so much happier when you are with someone you love"

Elllooo?? You can be happy 'settling' k? I do not want to 'settle'. I want to earn big bucks, travel, explore cultures and provide for my family. I didnt study and graduate to 'settle' with some 3rd party loser who would probably cheat on me in the near future. Okay..That might have been tad stereotypical of me..But can you blame me? I have been surrounded by ppl and situations that have led me to lose hope in the sanctity of marriage. Hell, i've been approached by married men countless of times. How am I supposed to believe and trust again?

Then again..I've always been a big softie when it comes to love. I am the type who goes Awwww when I see couples happy in their own worlds. So it sucks for me to have transformed into this cynical person. But deep down I still want that prince. I'm such a contradiction. I know. If your head hurts just reading this and trying to understand, try being me.. *raises eyebrow*

"Nobody in my life has ever known me the way you do. Nobody in my life has ever made me feel as good as you do. You know me. You know everything about me. And when you leave me, you're going to leave the real me, the me nobody else has ever seen. That's who you're going to be rejecting. You're going to break my heart. I'm going to love you and you're going to leave. You always do. Not on purpose coz you have the right to leave. You've never promised to stay. That's the way it always is."

Later...