Thursday, December 16, 2004

I hate this scratchy-throat feeling...

Enrolment for next semester was tiring..coz such a simple process took so bloody long..But it was really great meeting up with my friends after such a long time...Went to Sakae sushi at orchard and had a blast...Those guys can really pack food away...They had like 50 over plates for the buffet!!! But we had a great time...Made a couple of new friends as well... But I was feeling really tired and sick like all the while...Must be coming down with something...I just know it!

The subjects for next year seem really hard...Prices and Markets (Ewwwwwwww...Econs all over AGAIN...Microecons somemore)...Organisation Structure and Design (Double ewwwww)..which is a follow up of OE!! Arrrgggggggghhhhh...That stoooopid subject... And of course DPP 1 which is an ongoing project for a year...Sighz...Have to go and pay school fees for the next sem...$4830...Sighz...I had this sinking feeling once I saw the invoice for the fees...It's like this guilty feeling..My parents having to fork over the money for my education... And they are so nice about it..They didnt complain or anything when I first told them about my plans to further my studies..They understood that in order for me to really acheive my dreams and settle comfortably in life, I have to get that degree...Coz with just a dip, there's only so much I can acheive and earn..

Not to mention being Indian also narrows down my career options..Bloody mandarin-speaking companies which only hire mandarin-speaking ppl..Come on..it's gonna be 2005..Spore companies better wake up if they wanna achieve the Spore govt's goal of being a competitive country with a borderless attitude... So you expect your supplier from Germany to converse with you in Mandarin coz you only hire mandarin speaking employees or speak horrible broken down english??? Sheesh...

Seriously when I was working in the crane company, I had ppl call and ramble on and on in mandarin...I had to wait till they took a breath and then ask if they could speak in English... What do i get...Shocked silence...*OMG ppl in spore actually do speak in a language besides mandarin*... However having being in the system for so long (ie:system of being surrounded by mandarin speaking ppl)..I am able to understand mandarin quite well..So i can bloody well understand if you're talking about me!! So I can also understand what my customers wanted and then transferred them to the appropriate person.. Am I conforming to spore's society of mandarin speakers?? No...I'm just surviving till these people snap out of their lil cocoons...

Later...

Music The Diva Is Grooving To: What's Love Gotta Do With It by Joe ft Ashanti

Book The Diva Is Reading: Call Waiting